About Vegetable Drinks
Vegetable drinks are ready from oilseed (almonds, hazelnuts, etc.), cereals, legumes (soy), fruits (chestnuts). They obtain by making a kind of decoction with water. These plant-based drinks resemble milk, perhaps because they are reminiscent of foods of animal origin or their color. The raw materials of vegetable drinks are very different, and we will have to choose them according to what we want to prioritize.
How to Choose Your Vegetable Drink?
- According to its digestibility
- Its nutritional benefits
- Flavor: the most popular among beginners is vegetable drinks based on rice, oatmeal, coconut, hazelnut, etc.
- Its composition: the fewer ingredients, the better! Besides water and the main component, these drinks can also contain cane sugar, wheat syrup, or the like; oil usually added for texture; Salt; algae for calcium; thickeners, flavors like vanilla.
The Vegetable Drinks market has established itself in the world of healthy eating and has become highly diversified. The first thing to understand about herbal drinks is that they are not a nutritional substitute for milk.
What Plant Drink is Best for Constipation?
Almonds help reduce cholesterol, have a high fiber content (which is excellent in constipation problems), prevent osteoporosis and almond milk is also rich in magnesium, iron, or vitamin E. On the other hand, it is an of the most calorie-dense vegetable milk.
You may also be interested in taking Magnesium supplements.. The body uses Magnesium in over 300 biochemical reactions but many people aren’t getting even the recommended daily intake. Among other things, this can help you sleep better which means your body’s restorative time can be more effective, including digestion. Constipation can be a complex issue to deal with and any help you can give your body can help alleviate different parts of the problem. Drinking plenty of water is also essential to avoiding constipation
Soy drink, not only contains more calcium than the rest of vegetable drinks, but also much better absorption of proteins.
Benefits of Vegetable Drinks
- The main advantages of these vegetable drinks based on water and vegetable ingredients are:
- They do not contain lactose or cholesterol.
- Most are low in calories.
- Has a high percentage of mono and polyunsaturated fats, beneficial for the heart
- They are rich in group B vitamins.
- Have a balanced relationship between sodium and potassium.
- They are easy to assimilate and digest.
- Its content of group B vitamins is remarkable (although vitamin B12, which is found almost exclusively in foods of animal origin, is not found).
- Versatility – You add vanilla, cinnamon, or fruit to give a good taste
Disadvantages of the Vegetable Drinks
- Vitamin D and B12 deficiency.
- Not all contain calcium; It will depend on the raw material you choose to make them.
- Shorter shelf life – generally lasts three days in the fridge.
Famous Vegetable Drinks
- Almond milk
A drink made from ground almonds or marzipan, accompanied by water. It is one of the most widespread and popular on the market, due to its taste and accessibility.
- Coconut milk
Coconut milk is obtained from the endosperm (commonly called meat) of this fruit, also mixing it with water. It is different from coconut water obtained from the same natural liquid of this fruit, while milk is made with its crushed pulp.
- Soy milk
Soy has been the best-known substitute for animal feed for many years and you also get “milk” from it. This legume is very popular in the market.
- Rice or oat milk
In the market, it is also common to find vegetable milk of oats or rice. The use of this cereal and seeds is part of the daily diet in other types of food and contains many nutrients.
Vegetable drinks with added sugars should not be chosen, that is, if we mark the ingredients, ‘sugar’ or synonyms of it should not appear. In addition, it would be interesting to include them fortified in calcium, vitamin D, and B12.