About Skin Protection
Skin Protection: Protecting the skin in the workplace is of decisive importance for ensuring healthy skin. Studies have shown that good skin protection and regular hand hygiene can reduce disease costs by 40%.
Role of Skin Protection
- The skin is a sophisticated multitasking structure that performs a multitude of functions essential for our general well-being.
- It plays an important psychological role.
- The most crucial role of the skin is to be the first line of defense between our body and the world we live in, our protection, and our help to keep us healthy.
- Maintain water balance in the body and prevent moisture loss, if necessary.
- Corporal Temperature Regulator: Insulates our body, retains heat in cold climates and sweats to cool the body as it warms up.
- Pressure and Pain Sensing: Absorbs impact and alerts us to danger.
Protect the whole body against external aggressions.
Factors Influencing Skin Protection
- Changes in temperature and UVA rays can cause dry skin.
- Medicines can influence the condition of the skin.
- Many external factors against which the skin of people protects us, in turn, affect it. Exposure to UVA rays, changes in climate and temperature, and the use of chemicals in the workplace or harsh cleaning products at home can overwhelm our skin’s natural neutralizing capacity.
- It damages its ability to hydrate and weakens its effectiveness as a protective barrier.
- Washing too often in too hot water can dry the skin, damage its permeability barrier, and trigger problems.
- An unbalanced diet, little or no exercise, stress, lack of sleep, smoking, dehydration, and certain medications are other factors that influence the skin and negatively affect its ability to act as a protective barrier.
5 Tips for Skin Protection
Excellent skin care, such as sunscreen and gentle cleansing, can keep skin healthy and radiant.
1. Protect yourself from the sun
- The most important way to protect skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure leads to wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems, as well as an increased risk of skin cancer.
- Use sunscreen – Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 15. Put on plenty of sunscreens and reapply every two hours, or more often if you swim or sweat.
- Wear protective clothing. And also, protect your skin with long-sleeved, tight-fitting clothing, long pants, and wide-brimmed hats.
2. Don’t smoke
- Besides, smoking makes your skin look aged and contributes to the formation of wrinkles. It also removes oxygen and nutrients that are important for good skin health. So, quitting smoking is the best way to protect your skin.
3. Treat your skin gently – And also, daily cleaning and shaving can damage your skin.
Limit the duration of the bath – Hot water and long shower or baths remove natural oils from the skin. Avoid Strong soaps – Further, strong soaps and detergents can remove natural oils from your skin. Instead, use mild cleansers.
Shave carefully -To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion, or gel before shaving. For a closer shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction of hair growth, not against the grain.
Pat dry – After washing or bathing, gently pat the skin dry with a towel to retain some moisture on the skin.
Hydrates dry skin – Further, If you have dry skin, use a suitable moisturizer that contains a sun protection factor for your skin type.
4. Eat healthily
Eating healthy can help you look and feel better. Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
And also, a diet high in fish oil or fish oil supplements and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates may promote younger skin.
Besides, the consumption of plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated.
5. Manage stress
In addition, when stress is out of control, the skin becomes more sensitive. To promote healthy skin and a healthy mood, take steps to manage stress.
So, get enough sleep, set reasonable limits, narrow your to-do list, and find time to do the things you love. The results could be more significant than expected.