Flawless Skin – We all want better skin, but sometimes it’s challenging to figure out how to keep our skin healthy. Don’t worry, we got you covered. Listed below are the different ways to maintain flawless, healthy skin.
There is a large industry that stocks shelves and aisles full of skin care products to help keep your skin youthful and elastic, but all along, we had the necessary tools in our own homes. Aging develops at a deep, cellular level, and what we eat is just as important as the product we put on our skin. Ultimately, our diets can help improve our skin from the inside out.
Research has shown that some foods can help keep our skin healthy.
- Mangoes: They contain antioxidants that protect collagen.
- Tomatoes: Can help protect against sunburn.
- Green Tea: Compounds found within can rejuvenate skin cells.
- White Tea: Has anti-aging properties.
- Omega-3: This can help prevent dryness of the skin.
Research has also shown that reducing calorie intake can potentially slow down the cellular aging process, though more research is still needed to confirm this.
Good Night’s Sleep
A good night’s sleep is essential for your overall health but is incredibly important for your skin Health as well. In studies, people who are classified as poor sleepers (less than 7-9 hours of sleep a day) had increased signs of premature skin aging, and their skin had a decreased ability to repair itself.
When we are sleeping, our bodies work hard to repair and regenerate skin, muscles, blood, and brain cells. If we’re not getting enough sleep, our body is unable to produce collagen, which prevents our skin from sagging. Imagine, something as simple as sleeping more can help our skin remain healthy.
There’s no denying it, we all experience stress, whether that be at work or in our personal lives. Research suggests that stress increases the quantity of sebum our body produces, which in turn can block pores. This explains the random breakouts that can sometimes occur before important events. High sebum and stress levels are linked to skin issues like:
- Itchy skin
- Oily patches on the scalp
You can try activities like yoga or meditation to help reduce your stress.
An important part of maintaining healthy skin is moisturizing! Keeping your skin moisturized is essential to help it feel and look healthy, even if you have oily skin or acne.
Before you apply any kind of moisturizer to your skin, be sure to clean it and remove any makeup. There are ways to retain moisture in our skin and prevent dry and itchy skin:
- Take shorter showers. Excessive showering can strip away all of our natural oils and dry out the skin.
- Use warm water.
- Use gentle soaps for your skin.
- Avoid abrasive scrub brushes that can scratch the skin.
- Moisturize after showering; this helps trap moisture
- Avoid heat sources that can dry out your skin.
The best thing you can do to improve your Skin’s health is to develop a skincare routine. The best part about a skincare routine is that it’s easy, and includes much of what we’ve already outlined. A skincare routine doesn’t mean bottles of products; it simply means a routine that you are regularly following.
- Apply sunscreen to exposed skin every single day, no matter the weather. There are always UV rays.
- Moisturize. This needs to happen every day to maintain healthy skin.
- Sleep. Sleep is important and getting enough of it can help prevent lines from forming on your face.
- Eat Healthily. What you eat affects your skin health, so try to incorporate healthy foods.
- Stay Hydrated. Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
There are plenty of skincare tools to help you maintain a routine.