Health Beauty Studio
Image default
Health

Why You Should Get a Dental Cleaning Every Six Months?

Dental cleanings are essential for preventing cavities, gingivitis, and other oral diseases. But how often should you get a dental cleaning? Many people think that once a year is enough. However, in reality, the frequency of your dental appointments should be much more frequent. How frequently you get a dental cleaning has everything to do with how much risk you have for developing oral diseases and tooth decay.

Why You Should Get a Dental Cleaning Every Six Months?

Dental cleanings are essential for preventing cavities, gingivitis, and other oral diseases. Even though you might see them as a luxury, they aren’t just a good way to keep your teeth in top shape. They are mandatory appointments that you need to keep. Why? If you’re not careful, you can get tooth decay that can not only be painful and inconvenient, but it can also lead to loss of teeth and expensive dental bills.

 What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?

A dental cleaning near me can remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. We don’t just brush our teeth once a day. In fact, it’s recommended that people brush twice a day for two minutes each time. However, brushing is only part of a good oral hygiene routine. You also need to floss regularly and get regular dental cleanings. A dental cleaning removes plaque and tartar from your teeth that you can’t remove with brushing alone. Dental cleaning tools include an ultrasonic cleaner, scaler, and dental picks.

Reasons to Get a Dental Cleaning Every Six Months

Avoiding Cavities – Dental cleanings can help you avoid getting cavities. While brushing regularly can help avoid cavities, it’s not enough to completely prevent them. Brushing is only effective in removing 10% of the plaque on your teeth. The other 90% that doesn’t get removed with brushing is what leads to cavities.

Treating Gum Disease – If you have gum disease, dental cleanings are the only thing that can treat it. If you have gum disease and only get dental cleanings once a year, you won’t be able to treat it. Since dental cleanings only remove 10% of the plaque on your teeth, they aren’t enough to treat gum disease.

2 Reasons to Get a Regular Dental Checkup Every Year

  • Evaluate Your Oral Health – Regular dental checkups give your dentist the opportunity to evaluate your oral health. They are able to see how well you are doing with your dental hygiene and can suggest ways in which you can improve.
  • Check for Cavities – During your dental checkup, your dentist will look for signs of cavities. While regular dental cleanings can remove 10% of the plaque on your teeth and help you avoid cavities, they aren’t enough to catch them early.

Conclusion

Dental cleanings near me are an essential part of good oral hygiene. They help you avoid cavities and other oral diseases. However, they aren’t something you can do yourself. You need the help of a dental hygienist to get rid of all the plaque and tartar on your teeth. If you only get dental cleaning once a year, you are missing out on the benefits they provide.

Related posts

Is Composite Bonding Right for your Teeth? 

Health Beauty Studio

How To Lose Weight Quick After Pregnancy?

Health Beauty Studio

Need to Relax and Unwind? Follow These Tips to Have the Most Therapeutic Bath

Health Beauty Studio

Leave a Comment