Definition Oral Health
Oral health is complicated and includes the ability to speak, smile, smell, taste, touch, chew, swallow, and various emotions through facial expressions confidently and without pain, discomfort, and disorders of the craniofacial complex. (head, face), transmission and oral cavity.
Oral health means the strength of the mouth. No matter what your age, essential to overall health and well-being.
What is Oral Health?
The World Health Organization health as the absence of diseases and disorders that affect the mouth, cavity, and teeth, such as cancer of the mouth or throat, canker sores, congenital malformations such as cleft lip or palate, periodontal disease, dentistry. And also, Tooth decay, chronic orofacial pain, among others. This concept refers to teeth’ normalcy and efficient functioning, supporting structures and bones, joints, mucous membranes, muscles, all parts of the mouth, and the oral cavity related to chewing. Verbal communication and facial muscles.
Oral Health issues
Most oral health problems are tooth decay (tooth decay), periodontal disease, oral cancer, manifestations of HIV, trauma to the mouth, cleft lip and palate, and noma (severe gangrene that begins in the mouth and mainly affects children).Therefore, Most oral diseases are largely preventable and treatable in their early stages.
Importance of Oral Health Prevention
Most oral diseases can be treated with proper dental care. A good, trustworthy dentist is essential for maintaining optimal oral health, as he will support timely preventive treatments and correct any abnormalities of the teeth and gums.
Dental treatments that the dentist performs most often are as follows:
– Deep cleaning of teeth. Firstly, It is advisable to go to one of these cleanings at least once a year. And also, or even every six months, to maintain the cavity’s health.
– Elimination of cavities. It involves removing the affected tissue and later placing a dental filling in this hole.
– Tooth extraction: Secondly remove parts of tooth decay or periodontal disease in very advanced stages.
– Orthodontics: Correction of the position of the teeth and the misalignment.
– endodontics. It removes the pulp from the tooth and fills it with gutta-percha to keep the tooth in the mouth.
– Oral implantology. Insertion of dental implants to replace missing or extracted teeth.
– Dental aesthetics. Lastly Method of improving the appearance of teeth.
Also Read: What is Kidney stone? – Overview, Types, Factors, And More