How Do Metabolism Boosters Work To Accelerate Your Weight Loss Journey – Do you have friends or family who eat a lot, including high-caloric foods, but never seem to put on weight? On the other hand, you eat very little, and even avoid some foods, but are struggling with your weight. This is likely because your metabolism is slower and is often attributed to age. It is best to take supplements to increase metabolism after 40.
Metabolism boosters accelerate your weight loss journey by targeting body fats and other functions to speed metabolism. The ingredients in metabolism boosters burn stored calories to produce energy for respiration, digestion, and cellular growth and repair, whether you are active or resting.
In this article, I will discuss metabolism boosters in detail, how they work, and how they ultimately help you lose weight.
As the name suggests, a metabolism booster is a supplement that increases your body’s metabolism. When your metabolism is slow, your body burns fewer calories and stores the rest as fats. This is why you are adding weight or even struggling to lose it.
Your body is not supporting your efforts to lose weight.
When you start taking metabolism boosters, you introduce elements that will help the body burn more calories for various functions.
Metabolism is critical because it ensures your body has sufficient energy for:
- Blood circulation.
- Hormone regulation.
- Cell growth, repair, and restoration.
Metabolism boosters break down stored fat calories to produce energy. They also ensure the body breaks down the calories to prevent further fat storage.
Reasons For Slow Body Metabolism
Body metabolism varies from one person to the next. People with fast metabolism tend to eat more and not put on weight because their bodies burn the calories they consume quickly. If anything, they consume more calories because they need them.
Unfortunately, most people struggling with weight do so because they have a slow metabolism. For some people, it is because their metabolism is naturally slow. However, some common factors affect the metabolism of specific groups of people.
- Age. Do you sometimes question why you ate so much when younger without putting on weight, but you are battling with weight gain years later? Chances are you are experiencing slower metabolism because you are getting older.
- Weight. Slow metabolism may be partly responsible for your weight gain. Likewise, your weight may also be the cause of your slow metabolism. This is primarily because muscle burns calories faster than fat.
- Sex. Men usually have a faster metabolism because they have a higher muscle mass, while women have more fat.
Metabolism boosters will help you increase metabolism, irrespective of the reason behind the slow metabolism.
Ingredients In Metabolism Boosters
Like all other health supplements, the secret to how metabolism boosters work lies in the ingredients. When buying metabolism boosters, you’ll discover multiple ingredients, however, they are not all created equal. Some are common across various brands, while some metabolism boosters have unique ingredients that set themselves apart.
The ingredient combination and dosage will determine how fast the metabolism booster works to help you lose weight.
Here are the common ingredients in metabolism boosters.
- Caffeine. It increases body heat (thermogenesis). Heat production requires a higher number of calories. Caffeine also stimulates basal metabolic rate (body metabolism when the body is at rest), resulting in weight loss.
- Capsaicin. This is an active ingredient in pepper. It is a sweat-inducing chemical that also stimulates blood insulin control. It is also thermogenic. The heat the body generates helps to burn fat. Capsaicin is also an appetite suppressant, so you will also consume fewer calories.
- B-complex vitamins. Metabolism boosters contain Niacin, iron, and vitamin B6, which encourages the natural production of L-carnitine. L-carnitine facilitates the movement of fatty acids to cell membranes and stimulates the digestive system’s cells to break down fats.
- Green tea. It contains epigallocatechin gallate, a compound that stimulates the body to burn fat and increase metabolism. Green tea also contains caffeine.
- Turmeric and curcumin. Turmeric may add color to your food, but it also contains curcumin, a strong antioxidant that helps control metabolic disorders.
Fat is an enemy to your body’s metabolism. You need more energy to maintain muscle cells compared to what you need for fat cells. To increase your metabolism to levels where you can maintain a healthy weight, you should aim to control your body fat and increase muscle mass.
Metabolism boosters are a great start, but you need to go the extra mile if you are to experience significant weight loss. Like other weight loss supplements, you need to eat a healthy diet and exercise to achieve your weight loss goals faster.