About Error 0x80080008
Error 0x80080008: Some Windows 10 users get Windows update error 0x80080008 with installation abandoned when trying to update. Windows 10 Mobile users have also encountered this error. Many users who installed the latest Windows 10 confirmed that they experienced this error during the installation process. When you run the Windows Update troubleshooter, the problem may be temporarily fixed and then resume after restarting with an error message such as “Service registry is missing or corrupted.”
Update error code 0x80080008 means CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING: The object server stopped after being called through OLE service. This error occurs by the Wups2.dll file included in the latest version of Windows Update is not installed incorrectly.
If you’re having a problem installing an update with the error 0x80080008 message, it’s time to run the update troubleshooter, and scan your hard drive for ‘errors.’ More details in the article.
Variations of Windows Update Error 0x80080008
Update error 0x80080008 will stop you from downloading the latest updates; here are some similar issues reported by users:
0x80080008 Server 2016 – Many users reported this issue with Windows Server 2016. Although our solutions are primarily for Windows 10, you should apply some to Windows Server.
Windows update error – This is a Windows update error, and updates will stop working. However, you should fix the problem by disabling your antivirus or downloading the update manually.
Steps to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80080008
- If you have enabled automatic updating, the latest version of the Windows Update Agent automatically download and install on your computer.
- If you have not enabled automatic updates, follow these steps to get the latest version of the Windows Update agent:
- Open Control Panel, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Touch or click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, choose Install updates automatically.
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates check box in the same way I receive important updates, and then click OK.
Also Read: [pii_email_b4969755ef6881519767] – How to Solve the Error Code?
Also, follow these steps to start the Windows update service.
On the start screen, type cmd. You can also swipe from the right, tap or click Search, and then type cmd.
Tap or click cmd in the search results.
At the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
- network boot bits
- net start wuauserv
Method 3: Manually Download the Update
- If you continue to receive update error 0x80080008, you may be able to avoid it by simply downloading and installing the update manually.
- First, you need to find the KB number of the update you are trying to download. You can do this from the Windows Update section or by visiting the Windows Update History website.
- Once you find the KB number of the update you are trying to download, you should visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Now you need to enter the updated number in the search field.
- A list of results will appear. Find the update that matches your system architecture and click the Download button to download it.
- After downloading the update, run the setup file to install it.
- Once the update installed, your system will update to the latest version, resolving the issue.
- Note that this solution will not fix the main Error 0x80080008 problem but will only allow you to download and install the update manually and avoid the problem.
If none of the methods fixed the Error 0x80080008 problem, we recommend that you use the Repair Restore tool, which can scan repositories to replace damaged and missing files. It works in most cases when the problem is due to system damage. Restoring will also optimize your system for maximum performance.
Related Article: [pii_email_95fb429ddab3b9357c9f]- How to Fix This Outlook Error?
Related Error Codes: