The line graph is considered to be a unique type of graph which is very well utilised in the world of statistics and mathematics. This particular concept is highly capable of representing the change into a particular quantity in respect to another one. For example, in the world of statistics, people can very easily use this for easy comparisons so that there is no issue. This particular graph is usually plotted on the two dimensional XY plane and if the relation including any two measures can be expressed in the form of a straight line in the graph it will be known as a linear graph. Hence, the line graph is also known as the concept of linear graph very well in mathematics.
This will be the comprehensive chart that will be utilising different types of points and lines in terms of representing the change over a particular period and this particular chart will be based upon joining the line through several points and finding out the relationship between all those points. This particular graph will be representing the quantitative data between two changing variables or the series of successive data points. It will also be very much capable of comparison of two variables into the vertical axis and the horizontal axis respectively. It can be categorised into three main categories which are explained as follows:
- The graph in which only one line will be plotted will be known as a simple line graph.
- The graph in which only more than one line will be plotted across the same set of the axis will be known as a multiple line graph and this will be very much capable of effectively comparing similar items over the same period.
- If the information can be subdivided into two or more types of data then it will also be known as the compound. This particular graph will be showing the part of the total and will be very much capable of checking out the size of the whole thing.
Some other categories are:
A vertical line graph will be the one in which a vertical line will be extending from each data point to the horizontal axis and this is also known as a column graph.
A horizontal line graph is the line graph that will be extending from every data point parallel to the earth and this is also known as the row graph.
People need to follow a comprehensive procedure at the time of creating the straight-line graph and that particular process has been explained as:
- People need to substitute two dissimilar values for X and the equation of Y is equal to MX plus C so that people can get to values for way. Hence, in this particular manner people will be getting the points of X1, Y1 and X2, Y2 on the line.
- After this people lead to plot the horizontal and vertical lines so that suitable scales can be selected for both the access.
- Into the given table of values, people need to choose a large scale for that particular value and it will always depend upon the given values.
- People need to plot two points in the Cartesian plane of the paper and after this joining of such points is to be carried out so that line segment and other things can be perfectly extended to the directions. This will be leading to the formation of a closed figure which will be known as a linear graph.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points, people need to be very much clear about the uses of the line graph because it will be very much capable of implementing the best possible comparison over time so that people can easily understand the things. Hence, being clear about the scatter plot and line graph from the house of experts through Cuemath is a very good idea so that people can indulge in accurate procedures at every step.